A Hyggelig Valentine's
It’s Valentine’s Day, hygge people. That special day of the year when the world celebrates its inner romantic via cards, candy, and flowers. A hygge celebration focuses on simple pleasures, comfort, and spending quality time with loved ones.
7 Ideas for a hygge-inspired Valentine's Day
1. Set the mood by lighting candles, dimming the lights, and adding warm blankets and pillows.
2. Prepare a comforting and cozy meal with your tribe, using ingredients that are in season.
3. Spend the evening engaging in simple and comforting activities, such as playing board games, watching a movie, or reading.
4. Take some time to relax and pamper yourself and your loved one, with a spa day or a warm bath.
5. Take advantage of the cold weather by going for a walk or a hike, or by doing winter sports together.
6. Slow down to acknowledge all the small things that make your relationship special.
7. Spread love and kindness with friends and family by doing something kind and simple, such as baking cookies or calling to say 'I love you'.
If you don’t have a special someone to share it with, maybe focus on YOU instead. Treat yourself to a fancy meal, buy some flowers, or indulge in a much-deserved spa day. However you choose to celebrate, make sure it brings you joy because you deserve it. We all need to practice self-love.