12 Hygge Quotes for a Happy & Cozy Life
Hygge (pronounced “hue-gah”) is a Danish word used to describe the wonderful feeling of enjoying something and being completely enveloped in the experience. It's like a warm, comforting hug for your soul, right here in the heart of your home. Imagine being wrapped up in a cozy blanket, sipping on a cup of your favorite warm beverage, and feeling completely enveloped in the sheer joy of the moment - that is the essence of hygge.
In this fast-paced world, hygge is our secret weapon. It captures the art of slowing down, simplifying, and truly savoring life's simplest pleasures. It's about creating an environment where you can relish the good things in life, surrounded by those you hold dear.
You see, hygge isn't just a buzzword; it's a lifestyle that's been embraced wholeheartedly in the United States. And why not? At its core, hygge is all about nurturing your heart and soul, whether you're enjoying solitude or in the company of cherished friends. It's about feeling safe, comfortable, and utterly content.
Now, let's dive into some delightful hygge quotes. They may not explicitly use the word "hygge," but they all capture the very essence of what it means to lead a happy and cozy life. These quotes are like gentle reminders of the magic that unfolds when you live in the moment and savor life's everyday pleasures.
- “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” – Jean Shinoda Bolen
- “Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.” – Princess Diana
- “I like canceled plans. And empty bookstores. I like rainy days and thunderstorms. And quiet coffee shops. I like messy beds and over-worn pajamas. Most of all, I like the small joys that a simple life brings.” – Unknown
- “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.” – Anne Lamott
- “Look closely. The beautiful may be small.” – Immanuel Kant
- “It was sunsets that taught me that beauty sometimes only lasts for a couple of moments, and it was sunrises that showed me that all it takes is patience to experience it all over again.” – A.J. Lawless
- “I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket.” — Kellie Elmore
- “Take your time getting dressed this morning; read a book, make yourself some breakfast. The world can wait.” – Whitney Nobis
- “Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go.” – Unknown
- “There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort”– Jane Austen
- “Be present in all things, and thankful for all things.” - Maya Angelou
- “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand, and for a talk beside the fire: it is time for home.” – Edith Sitwell
Sometimes we forget how little we need to live a good life. Take time to create an environment that gives you peace and joy, to experience the things you love, and allow for more enjoyable moments throughout your day. Hygge is a lifestyle that is good for us because it supports our need for happy, cozy moments. Find out why we believe hygge is the best lifestyle choice ever.