Find Calm with Hygge and Tea
Start your day with a meaningful moment. Tehygge can fulfill a deep psychological and social need by taking us to a space that is outside the daily routine. It is a wonderful way to ensure that you make time for self-care, something that can easily get squeezed out when we are busy. Try tehygge by meditating with a cup of tea to help create a calm space in your morning routine:
- Finding a relaxing space in your home to drink tea.
- Making yourself a cup of tea and settle down to enjoy it. Keep the electronic devices away and have nothing else to do at this time.
- Hold the cup in both hands and allow yourself to become aware of the warmth you can feel in your palms.
- Breathe slowly and deeply as you sit while holding the cup.
- Slowly bring the cup up to your lips, be aware of how your movements bring it to the precise place you need in order to drink.
- Inhale softly, opening up to the aroma of the tea. Breathe normally and notice what you can smell.
- Then take a sip of your drink. Hold the liquid in your mouth and notice the feeling of warmth and the flavors you are experiencing.
- Swallow the mouthful, take notice of the tiny movements involved in moving the liquid to the back of the throat.
- Take a simple breath in and out, and then repeat. It’s a lovely way of bringing yourself into the spaciousness of a single moment.